SCHOOL UNIFORM AND DRESS CODE: YEARS 7 – 11
The School Uniform and Dress Code makes an important contribution to creating a positive and purposeful school ethos. We rely upon parents to uphold our tradition of smartness.
Students are expected to be neat and well groomed and in a manner consistent with a formal working environment.
Hair must be tidy, groomed and of a natural colour, consistent in style with the wearing of a formal uniform (extremes of style are not permitted). Shirts must be tucked in and ties done up to the neck.
It is important that uniform colours and styles are exact: a full range of items is stocked by Thomas Moore, Fore Street, Exeter and Honiton Sports, 66 High Street, Honiton. If purchasing from other sources please ensure that the items match the requirements below.
It is intended that these changes will be implemented for new year 7 students starting in September 2018; it is not necessary for children in Years 8 – 11 to change their uniform, however, if items of the existing uniform need to be replaced, please purchase the new styles.
The following details must be observed by students:
1. A Designer Jacket and tie must be worn by Years 7-11
- Designer Jacket must be navy
- Sweaters are optional and if worn must be v-necked, plain knit, and in plain navy, with school crest
- Crests and ties can also be purchased from the school Finance Centre
2. Blouses must be plain white with a shirt collar. Fitted blouses need not be tucked in.
Shirts must also be plain white, formal, and appropriate for wearing tucked in and with a tie.
3. Shoes (not boots) must be leather-type, black and plain. Footwear must be appropriate for school use, and this rules out
raised heels and casual shoes.
4. Trousers must be tailored (not baggy, flared or tight). Trousers must be full-length and grey. Jeans, corduroy or canvas
trousers etc, may not be worn.
5. Skirts must be worn on or just below the knee, and must be grey with stitched down pleats.
(No other styles may be worn).
6. Socks when worn with trousers these must be either grey or black. When worn with a skirt, socks can be either ankle or
three-quarter length, white or grey. Grey tights can be worn with skirts.
7. Jewellery/Make-up/Accessories -jewellery is inappropriate for school and nose studs must not be worn. A pair of ear
studs or sleepers may be worn (one in each earlobe). No make-up is permitted and hair accessories must be plain navy
8. Overcoats or jackets must be in plain navy or black and free from decoration. These may be worn for travel to and
from school. Overcoats must not be worn during or between lessons. (A blazer, and sweater if worn, should normally be
sufficient). Scarf in school colours or plain navy or black.
Second-hand uniform is sold via the PA website and at the School Fête held each July.