Bright Network Internships
Colyton Grammar School have received the following mailing from Bright Network which organises free internships with top graduate recruiters. Not only do the programmes look well worth investigating for any student who wants to get a head start on a professional career, the website also offers lots of excellent advice on careers for students who may not know what they want to do in the future. We will also be mailing this directly to our students, but thought you may be interested in following it up with them.
Bright Network - Free Careers Platform
Bright Network aims to bring together world leading employers and top educators for a series of three-day virtual experiences. ‘Open to students and recent graduates, it’s your opportunity to discover career paths, meet employers and boost your employability’’ Bright Network is a free careers platform connecting students and recent graduates with the opportunities and advice to make the best career choices and progress as the workforce of tomorrow. We work with 280,000+ members and 250+ world-leading employers’.
Internship Experience UK will offer three-day internship experiences for all students and graduates across the country to help them gain skills, boost employability and build their network virtually.
Participants will benefit from direct access to world-leading employers such as Accenture, Alpha FMC, Amazon, Bain, Bloomberg, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Elixirr, EY, Goldman Sachs, Google, JP Morgan, Lloyds Banking Group, Macquire, Marks & Spencer, Procter & Gamble, PwC and Vodafone, who will all be delivering training. The internships will be an opportunity to take part in simulated workshops and talk to graduate trainees while gaining experience of problem-solving and project management, the organisers say.
The work experience and internship market has been disrupted this summer with many placements cancelled or postponed, and companies say it is vital to offer something else to make sure young people do not lose their way.
The programme, Internship Experience UK, has been organised by Bright Network, a graduate recruitment company that is using £100,000 raised from venture capitalists. Many of its members are first-in-family graduates at top universities, who sometimes lack contacts in the professional world. The internships are open to everyone aged over 18 in the UK leaving school or university this year.
Those still at university can also apply. The content of the experience is tailored best to those who are about to finish college/sixth form, current university students and recent university graduates. To apply, you'll require Bright Network membership which is free and takes about a minute to sign up for.
The content of the experience is tailored best to those who are about to finish college/sixth form, current university students and recent university graduates. To apply, you'll require Bright Network membership which is free and takes about a minute to sign up for.
On each experience, participants will benefit from:
- An introduction to the sector
- Sector-focused skills workshops delivered by leading employers
- Set project work to simulate what you’d do on an internship
- Support, insight and guidance from the firms and recent graduates during the internship
- Networking opportunities with your cohort of internship experience participants
- Feedback on your performance and top tips for improvement
- A certificate on completion which you can add to your CV and LinkedIn
- To join the experience there will be a light pre-screening stage to ensure commitment to the programme. This will consist of basic data capture and a short 100 word answer on why you want to take part. All fully completed submissions will be given access to the internship experience
What does an Internship Experience UK programme consist of?
The virtual experience has four core parts across the three days:
- Core skills sessions - delivered by career experts
- Sector focused upskilling sessions - delivered by leading employers in that sector
- Project work which simulates real work an intern would complete
- Networking with fellow participants and the leading employers