11+ test day arrangements
Transport Information for Parents – 15 September 2018
Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the following arrangements. They are necessary to ensure that the test day is organised safely, efficiently, and to minimise anxiety for the young people involved.
Arriving By Car
- In view of the narrow lanes around school, a Park and Ride Scheme has been arranged from the Coach Park in Seaton – opposite the Seaton Tourist Information Centre (please see the link below and click on the Seaton Tourist Information Centre at EX12 2WD).
The park and ride scheme is not optional – the narrow lanes around the school site mean that with the exception of disabled children, no cars will have access to the school. This is for the safety of children, parents, staff and other road users.
Please do not attempt to drive close to the school to drop off/collect children – this will unnecessarily increase the risk of accidents in the narrow lanes.
- Coaches will leave the assembly area in the Coach Park Park from 8.15am on 15 September. Please arrive by 8.45am at the latest.
- Parents/Carers are reminded that they are responsible for the safety of the children in their care, up to the point where they have been delivered to the assembly area. In no circumstances should children be left to make their own way across the car park.
- At the end of the morning (from 12.00pm onwards), coaches will return children to the assembly area. Children will not be allowed to move away from the enclosed assembly area without a parent or carer, who then assumes responsibility for their safety.
- The assembly area and coaches will be supervised by school staff and sixth form volunteers
- There is no charge for the coach transfer
- Car parking spaces (parking fees may apply) are available nearby:
- Seaton Jurassic Long Stay Car Park - pay car park
- To the north of the Co-op Supermarket in the Seaton Town Hall and Underfleet car parks – pay car park
- On the sea front
Those living within walking distance of the School
Children within walking distance of the school may be accompanied to the main front entrance of the school, to arrive by 8.40am at the latest. These children may be collected from the main front lawn from 12.00pm onwards.
If your child has a physical impairment or injury which would make it difficult for them to use the Park and Ride Scheme, then please contact us to apply for a Special Parking Pass. Please note that only cars displaying a Special Parking Pass will be able to come on to the school site.
Other children arriving at the school site by car will not be accepted.
Your co-operation is greatly appreciated.